Ahad, Januari 18, 2009

Torres reveals his dream

Fernando Torres is happy to admit he arrived at Liverpool dreaming of Champions League glory - but he now has his sights firmly set on helping the Reds end their long wait for the Premier League title.

Torres - who is likely to start against Everton on Monday night after recovering from a hamstring strain - is keen to fire the Reds to top spot in May to ensure Rafael Benitez's squad of 2008-09 are forever written into the club's history.

After arriving in the summer of 2007 Torres reveals his dream was winning a European medal - but the fans soon impressed upon him what the main target was.

"No, no, the Premier League, we must win the Premier League," he recalled. "So now I feel that way, too. I know about this club. I know how important it is to win the Premier League after 19 years. I know that if Manchester United win the League this season it will be 18 titles for us and 18 for them, so we cannot let that happen.

"I know that even though Chelsea and Arsenal are top teams, our biggest match of any season is with Manchester United. I know how important it is to win against Everton, too. Read more....