Ahad, Mac 22, 2009

Gerrard: My future is with Reds


Steven Gerrard only wants to win the Premier League title if he can do it with Liverpool after underlining his commitment to Liverpool.

Gerrard has already turned down the opportunity to leave Anfield for Chelsea in his career, and insists he would make the same decision again in his quest for a title, as winning it anywhere else would not mean as much.

"When I see John Terry, Gary Neville and Rio Ferdinand lifting that trophy I want to do that, but I want to do that for Liverpool football club," Gerrard told Sky Sports News.

"I think the easy thing would be maybe to move on but it's not for me. What would be more important for me would be to win it and share it with the club and with my family who are all Liverpool fans.

"That would mean more to me than winning it maybe five or six times somewhere else."