Ahad, April 12, 2009

'I learnt nothing from Wenger'


Real Madrid's French midfielder Lassana Diarra has claimed to have learnt 'nothing' from Arsene Wenger during his short-lived time at Arsenal.

In an interview with El Pais newspaper, Diarra said: 'I have the impression that I never played at Arsenal. If you hadn't reminded me of it, I would have forgotten about it. It is something erased from my head.'

Asked about any influence Wenger had on him, Diarra said: 'Me? Nothing. With Wenger I learnt nothing. Well, he only taught me how to doubt everything.

'I played 15 matches. The relationship I had with him was not good. Wenger never spoke to me until I told him I was leaving. He spoke with the others but not me.'

Diarra signed for Arsenal from Chelsea in September 2007 but transferred to Portsmouth in January 2008 before joining Real Madrid a year later.

AFP