Sabtu, Februari 21, 2009

£11.5million Liverpool ace to reject Tottenham Hotspur interest

Ryan Babel appears to have no interest in reports linking him with a move to Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.

The Londoners were heavily linked with a January swoop for the Dutch international, who joined Liverpool in 2007 for £11.5million.

And despite suggestions Harry Redknapp could make a fresh move for the former Ajax ace in the summer, the 22-year-old sees his future at Anfield. “With Robbie Keane gone to Tottenham that has increased my chances a little more," said Babel in the Liverpool Echo.

"I am ready for more playing time."I have spoken with the manager and he has told me what my role can be in the future. I have made no secret of my desire to play as a striker at Liverpool.

“It is good for me that I have been playing more as a striker. I have to keep telling myself that I am only 22. It is easy to forget that.”